ISIDC is Asia's first conference in service innovation design. The biennial conference series was initiated by a group of multidisciplinary scholars from Japan, Korea, and Taiwan, led by Professor Kazuo Sugiyama. The group formed a planning council in 2006 to gather leading experts, professionals, and stakeholders in service innovation design.
The ISIDC conference series has attracted and successfully gathered regional and international scholars and professionals alike, and served as the platform of knowledge exchange and networking for service innovation design.
The council hosted its first conference in Dongseo University, Korea in 2008 and Conference held in every even number year. Since then, ISIDC has been organized in different cities in Asia and highlighted the following issues as the central themes of discussion:
|| Busan, South Korea
- hosted by Dongseo University : Service - Innovation - Design
- hosted by Future University of Hakodate : Service - Innovation - Design
- hosted by National Cheng Kung University : Holistic Service Innovation & Co-Creation Experience
|| Kuching, Malaysia
- hosted by Universiti Malaysia Sarawak : New Culture and Value
- hosted by National Cheng Kung University : Cultural Innovation and Life Design
|| Jeonju, South Korea
- hosted by Chonbuk National University : Indigenous design thinking for strategic service innovation
From 2019, ISIDC formed new committee group(International Service Innovation Design Association : ISIDA) and decided ISIDC will be held in every year :
International Conference will be held in even number year and domestic conference will be held in odd number year.
This time, 2019 ISIDC will be hosted in Korea Institute of Design Promotion(KIDP), Yangsan city in South Korea
Journal of Design (SCOPUS) - www.design-science.or.kr
International Journal of Design (SCI/SSCI/AHCI/SCOPUS) - http://www.ijdesign.org
IJCCI (Currently applying for AHCI/SCOPUS). - http://www.ijcci.net
In addition, Journal of Kansei and Museology Quarterly